The scope of these works was based over three levels within the new 5-star hotel Kerry Hotel in Pudong, Shanghai, China. The two display levels are an architectural showpiece anchoring the main food and beverage outlet, with the 3rd, sub-basement level housing additional brewing services.
The specifications of the project were:
• 175,000 litre annual capacity based on eight 12HL fermentation tanks, two 24HL fermentation tanks and two 24HL bright beer tanks.
• Plant flexibility to brew up to six different flavours.
• Bottling plant to produce in-house packaged product.
• Four month manufacturing phase.
• One month installation phase with brewer training to commence.
• Two week commissioning phase, keeping in mind that brewing needs to commence six weeks prior to opening.
• Review and adjusting of equipment over the first 12 weeks to ensure long-term trouble-free brewing.
The Asia Pacific Interior Design Awards is organised by the Interior Design Association of Hong Kong - a member of the International Federation of Interior Architects and Designers.
In 2011 Flying Foam’s design partner Stickman Tribe was presented with the award for Best Restaurant for the Brew which incorporates Flying Foams “Flying Brewery” as its centrepiece.
The Asia Beer Awards is a non-profi t-making awards platform, which has been hosted in various locations across Asia over the last six years. “The Brew”, using Flying Foam’s base recipes, has won consistent awards at this and many other international beer forums.